New Delhi, July 23 :
A woman gave birth to a baby girl inside a moving Delhi Metro train on the Badarpur – Central Secretariat corridor on Sunday morning ..
Juli Devi, 27, wife of Sanjit Singh, resident of Faridabad, gave birth to the girl at 7.28 AM when the train was approaching the Central Secretariat Metro station.
The couple was on its way to the Safdarjung hospital by Metro.
They were immediately rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital by Metro authorities who arranged an ambulance and took care of all the other necessary formalities at the hospital.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation managing director, Mangu Singh said, the the medical expenses of the family incurred at the hospital will be paid by DMRC.
Initially,the non availability of nursery for the baby was a cause for concern at the hospital. However, the Metro staff immediately contacted the hospital authorities, and sought their cooperation in admitting the baby, a DMRC press release said.
The hospital authorities also went out of their way to provide all the required support. The baby and the mother are now in healthy condition.
Two Station Manager level women employees of DMRC were deputed at the hospital since morning to take care of them, as initially there no women family members to attend to the mother and the baby.
- Yamuna level in Delhi receding, water enters Ring Road ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 11:37 AM
- Yamuna water Hit SRS Retreat Farms In Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 11:24 AM
- Newly married woman gang-raped in Delhi ~ Faridabad NCR 20 Jun , at 10:29 AM
- Know Why Faridabad media boycotted ICAI Press Conference ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 10:20 AM
- राजधानी का हाल: जहां दौड़ती थी गाडियां, वहां नाव से हो रहा सफर ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 9:06 AM