Meerut, Jul 13:
A village panchayat in Asara in Baghpat district of Jat-dominated western Uttar Pradesh, hardly 40 km away from Delhi, has banned love marriages and has ordered girls not to use cellphones when out on roads, reports Mail Today.
The decisions were taken by the panchayat in February this year and on Wednesday, the panchayat met again to ensure strict enforcement of its decisions.
“We noticed that some girls and their parents were not taking our order seriously. So, we held a meeting on Wednesday in which we resolved that those who defy the order would be first ostracised and then expelled from the village.
- Paris Hilton to tie the knot very soon! ~ Featured, International News 23 May , at 8:58 PM
- Mentally challenged man kills five of family ~ Featured, India News 23 May , at 8:55 PM
- Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China ~ Featured, India News 23 May , at 8:54 PM
- The real-life tricorder: Scientists create device that can measure all of the vital signs in just TEN seconds ~ Featured, Technology 23 May , at 8:52 PM
- PICTURES Helen Flanagan's cups nearly run over as she wears a revealing basque to launch nude PETA ad ~ Featured, International News 23 May , at 8:47 PM