London, Aug 12:
India will not have a gold medal to show from the London Olympic Games as wrestler Sushil Kumar settled for a silver in the 66kg free style category after being outclassed by Japanese Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu 3-1 in the gold medal bout, here today.
Nevertheless, the Indian wrestler recorded his name in sports history annals of the country by becoming the first ever sportsperson to win back-to-back individual Olympic medals, having won a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games.
It was India’s third wrestling medal in Olympic history with K.D Jadhav (1952) and Yogeshwar Dutt (2012) being the previous winners.
With Sushil’s silver, India ended its London Games campaign with six medals—its best ever show at the biggest sports extravaganza.
Wrestling and shooting provided India two medals each, while women boxing and badminton added one medal each.
- Rohtak News : बाबा शिवपुरी ने गांव धामड़ में ग्रामीणोंं के साथ मिलकर पौधारोपण ~ Featured, Haryana News 19 May , at 9:15 PM
- Who was that actress in Sreesanth’s hotel room at the time of his arrest? ~ Featured, India News 19 May , at 9:08 PM
- Jhajjar News : प्रभुु भक्ति से ही मनुष्य को मुक्ति मिल सकती है-महंत हेमन्त दास ~ Featured, Haryana News 19 May , at 9:00 PM
- She's still got it! Bar Refaeli proves her supermodel credentials in elegant new campaign shot for Escada ~ Featured, International News 19 May , at 8:40 PM
- Denise Welch wears bright orange bikini as she lets her hair down during sober hen weekend ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 May , at 8:37 PM