One of the world’s fastest bowlers who made India his second home, Australia’s Brett Lee today announced his retirement from international cricket ending an injury-ravaged career that spanned 13 years.
The 35-year-old affable pacer, who retired from Test cricket in 2010, had been most recently laid low by a calf injury.
Lee, a part-time bass guitarist who enjoys a huge fan-base in India, said he could not carry on anymore given the suffering his body has endured.
“It has been a dream career, I guess, 13 years at the top. I couldn’t ask for much more,” Lee told ‘Channel Nine’.
- Spotted: Vindu Dara Singh with Sakshi Dhoni at Chennai's match against Mumbai Indians ~ Cricket, Featured 21 May , at 7:11 PM
- IPL spot fixing: Former Ranji player Baburao Yadav arrested ~ Cricket, Featured 21 May , at 11:33 AM
- हर बॉल पर पैसा चाहता था श्रीसंथ, डर के मारे फेंकने लगा नो बॉल ~ Cricket, Featured 21 May , at 8:29 AM
- IPL6 fixing: PIL before Supreme Court seeking probe by SIT ~ Cricket, Featured 20 May , at 7:23 PM
- IPL fixing: Brad Hodge, Kevon Cooper, Siddharth Trivedi snubbed Chandila, refused to cheat fans ~ Cricket, Featured 20 May , at 9:46 AM