New Delhi 19 March 2014: Thakur Anoop Singh is a model turned actor. He bagged that important role in the epic show Mahabharat, on Star Plus. Thakur Anoop Singh is today happy with the fame and recognition that he is getting from first premium fiction show Mahabharat. Being the youngest actor on the sets, Anoop takes it upon himself to put in that extra effort to look natural and convincing on screen.
Dhritarashtra is known to be more powerful than Bhishma Pithama and It is very challenging role for him and he is working very hard for being Dhritarashtra. The talented actor is portraying one of the most powerful blind King Dhritarashtra in the show. Anoop has done some modeling assignments and has part couple of shows like, Jai Bajrang Bali, Dwarkadesh-Bhagwan Shri Krishna and Hanuman in Ramayan. Thakur Anoop Singh is also a pilot by profession. Since childhood he had a dream to pursue career in acting. Thakur Anoop Singh speaks about his Mahabharat journey and feels that – “At times you need to make certain decisions depending on the circumstances, and that is exactly what he did. He just had to be sure that whatever he chooses, he needed to surrender himself to it and enjoy doing it. This attitude worked wonders and that’s how he got a beautiful platform like Mahabharat.” It is nice to be known as a performer. Having said this, he is still a pilot holding a current Pilot license.
Mahabharat has been a life changing experience for Thakur Anoop Singh indeed. It is crazy and amazing at the same time when even kids as small as six years old recognize him as Dhritarashtra. For the role Dhritarashtra as an actor he follows method acting. He believes in being and feeling that person within him. He have been preparing and living this character for four long years now. Thakur Anoop Singh can only say that – “we have a little bit of Dhritarashtra in all of us. A father always wants the best for his child, and he will go to any limit to get it. The unconditional love with the power of 10,000 elephants – a man as strong as a mountain with a tender loving heart is what the character is all about. And that’s what caused a great war like Mahabharat.”
He also believes that with recognition comes certain responsibilities and he is busy fulfilling that. He also gets invitation as a celebrity chief guest at schools, colleges, wedding receptions etc and he feels great to spread awareness about Mahabharat through these appearances. On the sets he is normally always in his character and like to be left alone and aloof, lost in the scene. However, off screen the three actors he is closest with are Kunwar Naveen Jinger (who essays Vidur), Ajay Mishra (Sanjay) and Nirbhay Wadhwa (Dusshasan).
PERFORMANCES of Thakur Anoop Singh
1) CHANDRAGUPT MAURYA (IMAGINE TV) AS YUVRAJ MALAYEKETU (NEGATIVE ROLE)
2) DWARKADHEESH : BHAGWAN SHRI KRISHNA AS DUSSHASAN OF MAHABHARAT ON IMAGINE TV)
3) WORKED IN SUNIL AGNIHOTRI’S KAHANI CHANDRAKANTA KI (SAHARA ONE) PLAYED A MAJOR CHARACTER AS SAPERA BIRJU
4) PLAYED SHIV IN A SHOW FOR DD1 NATIONAL
5) JAI JAI JAI BAJRANGBALI (SAHARA ONE) AS LORD PARSHURAM
6) RAMAYAN (ZEE TV) AS LORD HANUMAN
7) CURRENT WORK: PLAYIN PRINCE AND KING DHRITARASHTRA ON STAR PLUS’S MAHABHARAT.
- DDA launches new ‘Housing Scheme 2014', offers 25,000 flats across various categories ~ Faridabad NCR 1 Sep , at 8:19 PM
- Faridabad BJP Leader Umesh Bhati Help PM's Jan Dhan Yojana Applicants ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 1 Sep , at 5:32 PM
- Election 2014: Single window system For Political parties In Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR 1 Sep , at 5:26 PM
- Election expenses rates prescribed By Faridabad District Election Officer ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 1 Sep , at 5:12 PM
- For Records Development works, NIT 86 MLA Shiv Charan Lal Sharma Welcomed At Jhadsetali ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 1 Sep , at 4:50 PM