With kharif sowing getting complete amid weak monsoon, area under paddy, cotton and bajra in Haryana has shrunk considerably.
However, paddy acreage has exceeded the targeted area in Punjab.
The major impact of shortfall in acreage will be witnessed in paddy crop in Haryana with agrarian state facing whopping 1.38 lakh hectares of dip in crop cultivation this season against the target of 12 lakh hectares.
With state agriculture department expecting adverse impact on basmati rice cultivation, the state managed to bring 10.62 lakh hectares because of poor rain against 12.35 lakh hectares last year.
“There will be a fall in area under basmati paddy in the state (Haryana) due to poor rain,” Haryana Agriculture Department, Additional Director B S Duggal told.
- चार महीने बाद आया भाजपा नेताओं को होश, पहुंचे चौटाला से मिलने और आगे का हाल मान से जानिये ~ Featured, Haryana News 25 May , at 7:52 PM
- CM Hooda will dedicate to the people a Railway Over Bridge (ROB) constructed at a cost of Rs 45 crore over Sunderpur Railway Crossing in Kurukshetra ~ Featured, Haryana News 25 May , at 5:44 PM
- Haryana CM Hooda In Chandigarh With Gadaria Samaaj ~ Featured, Haryana News 25 May , at 3:22 PM
- A Mughlai treat to rejuvenate taste buds ~ Featured, Haryana News 25 May , at 2:56 PM
- Haryana News: क्रिकेट के माध्यम से नेता, अभिनेता लूट रहे हैं देश, विद्रोही ~ Featured, Haryana News 25 May , at 10:51 AM