Gandhinagar, Aug 5 :
With an eye on the forthcoming Gujarat assembly polls, former chief minister Keshubhai Patel and former Union Minister Kashiram Rana quit the BJP on Saturday and are expected to announce a new party today.
Both the leaders sent their resignations to BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
Patel and Rana said they were quitting because BJP in Gujarat under Narendra Modi “has lost its identity and moved far away from its ideologies and principles towards personal glorification, reducation the party organisation to an obscure corner”.
“We are quitting the parent organisation that we both served for nearly six decades with a heavy heart. In reality, we are not quitting the BJP, but rather we will find the ‘real BJP’ “, they said.
- Salman Khan may finally marry the Romanian beauty Iulia Vantur ~ Entertainment, Featured 22 May , at 9:06 PM
- Amber le Bon launches Royal Ascot's 'fashion police' uniform: Army of style assistants in silver dresses set to enforce dress code at this year's racing meet ~ Featured, International News 22 May , at 8:54 PM
- Texas gang rape victim who was assaulted by 20 men when she was only 11 is now 7-months pregnant at age 14 ~ Featured, International News 22 May , at 8:52 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fears two people have been shot dead during incident in south London ~ Featured, International News 22 May , at 8:50 PM
- Look your best in a jiffy ~ Featured, India News 22 May , at 8:20 PM