Kalpana Chawla’s name that will remain forever etched in the planets and stars — she wanted to explore.
Kalpana Chawla’s journey from a middle-class family to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is an amazing story. She represented India in the world, an example that showed how good and efficient Indians are.
The famous Indian astronaut was born in Karnal on July 1st, 1961. Daughter of Banarasi Lal Chawla and Sanyogita Chawla, Kalpana acquired her father’s attitude of never giving up and not knowing failure. Banarasi Lal Chawla was forced to flee his home (now in Pakistan) during the partition in 1947. Kalpana used to call her father by his name — Banarsi Lal or bhaaji. Kalpana was a diligent student. She completed her graduation from Tagore Public School, Karnal in 1976. Kalpana always dreamt big and believed in the principles of dharma and karma. She remained faithful to her name Kalpana i.e. Imagination. Once, for a geography project, she built a model of the universe with old newspapers, complete with stars and the moon.
- Bringing the past to life: India's first transport museum opens in Haryana ~ Featured, Haryana News 8 Dec , at 6:50 AM
- Khemka row stirs political mudslinging in Haryana ~ Featured, Haryana News 8 Dec , at 6:46 AM
- Rohtak Latest News in hindi by Anoop Kumar Saini ~ Haryana News 7 Dec , at 8:29 PM
- Armed Forces Flag Day SPS: When World's largest “Tiranga” hoisted at Kurukshetra, Haryana, Photos ~ Featured, Haryana News 7 Dec , at 4:46 PM
- Sanitation Survey by Palwal DC Atul Kumar ~ Featured, Haryana News 7 Dec , at 3:14 PM