The 30-year-long wait for Surjeet Singh’s family ended on Thursday after Pakistan released him today from Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore.
Indian prisoner Surjeet Singh, who has served a life term following his arrest on charges of spying in the 1980s, will now cross over from Wagah border shortly.
According to reports, Pak policemen are escorting Singh to the Wagah land border crossing, where he will be handed over to Indian authorities.
Surjeet Singh has been in Pakistani captivity for over 30 years. He was captured near the border with India on charges of spying during the era of military ruler Zia-ul-Haq.
Singh was given the death sentence under the Pakistan Army Act in 1985. The death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment in 1989 by then President Ghulam Ishaq Khan.
- Man crushed by tata 407 In Faridabad, Death ~ Faridabad NCR 19 Jun , at 12:27 PM
- Man Attacked by Pistol In Crime City Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 12:20 PM
- School girl 14, Gang-raped In Crime City Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 12:12 PM
- Two Uzbek sisters gangraped for months in Delhi guest house ~ Faridabad NCR 19 Jun , at 8:50 AM
- Sex racket busted in Delhi, woman pimp arrested ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:28 AM