New Delhi: A day after India witnessed the worst blackout in 11 years, Northern and Eastern power grid collapsed indicating a bigger power crisis on Tuesday. As a result of power failure aftermath, 14 states were affected.
2.40 pm: AIIMS, Safdarjung hospitals in Delhi have asked the government to source power from Bhutan.
2.30 pm: States are overdrawing power from grids, Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said.
2.35 pm: 14 trains came to a halt in Andhra Pradesh due to grid failure.
2.25 pm: Grid failure is on account of failure in transmission lines, says Shinde. “I have been informed that Northern and Eastern grid has failed, but alternative arrangements have been made,” he said.
2.20 pm: Trains in Asansol, Sealdah, Howrah divisions in West Bengal affected after eastern India power grid failure
- Noida authority carries out demolition drive in Haibatpur ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 26 May , at 10:42 AM
- Delhi Police have installed around 1,333 CCTV cameras in the city costing Rs 70 crore ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 26 May , at 6:32 AM
- Delhi Police waste Rs 90 lakh per month on the cost of refuelling patrol vehicles ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 26 May , at 6:28 AM
- CBSE Class 12 Results 2013: How and where to check ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 25 May , at 7:35 PM
- PHOTOS: Suzuki Motorcycle opened Showroom In Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 25 May , at 7:14 PM