Gujarat has been put on high alert in wake of Intelligence Bureau’s warning of a possible terror strike in the state, after the Pune blasts, a top police official said here today.
“High alert is in force in the state and will remain till August 15. With IB inputs and festival season round the corner security has been beefed up in the state,” the police official told PTI on condition of anonymity. A close vigil is being maintained at all the vital installations,” he said.
The screening of vehicles at entry and exit points of the state has been intensified and all precautionary measures are being taken, he said.
Gujarat figures high on the radar of terror outfits.
In July 2008, a series of bomb blasts had rocked the city, killing 56 people and injuring over 200.
- iBall launches Slide Q9703 with super specs: quad-core, Retina Display, 8,000mAh battery for Rs 15,999 ~ Featured, India News, Technology 22 May , at 12:40 PM
- Congress will be badly hit if LS polls are held now: Opinion poll ~ Featured, India News 22 May , at 12:19 PM
- Cannes Film Festival 2013: Marion Cotillard is the belle of the ball at Cannes ~ Featured, India News 22 May , at 12:04 PM
- Adamaya Achievement Award concludes Social activist Manmohan Gupta with Prominent Social Activist award ~ Featured, India News 22 May , at 11:43 AM
- SamVed Music Band is selected as top 5 best bands for “Radio City Freedom Awards” ~ Featured, India News 22 May , at 11:40 AM