New Delhi:Â Miffed over their government and police’s inability to prevent rape of a 5-year-old girl child and shoddy investigation thereafter, Delhi residents have decided to come together in demanding stricter anti-rape laws for convicts of such vicious acts. Another factor which triggered the protest is the insensitivity of the police in handling the whole case. From allegations of bribery from police to the father of the victim to ‘keep quiet’ to assaulting of protestors by a Delhi Police ACP, the city police force has aggravated an already shameful failure to a vociferous protest.
11:20 pm: Reports suggest that Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar may be summoned by Union Home Ministry over the handling of the whole issue.
11:18 pm: Sloganeering against Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
11.04 am: Delhi Police issues advisory:
There will be a demonstration at PHQ from 11.30am onwards due to which traffic will be affected on I P marg and BSZ marg. kindly avoid this route. commuters coming from Vikas marg and going towards New Delhi area may use ring road and Bhairav road.
- मंत्री 48 घंटे के नोटिस के बाद ही करें औचक दौरे : बाबू महासंघ ~ India News 1 Aug , at 8:57 AM
- पुणे हादसा: 3 महीने के बच्चे ने बचाई मां की जान! ~ Featured, India News 1 Aug , at 8:22 AM
- Model Poonam Pandey to be quizzed in Paraskar Molestation case ~ Featured, India News 1 Aug , at 6:47 AM
- Natives from Amazonian tribe make contact with the outside world ~ Featured, India News 1 Aug , at 6:09 AM
- Paarth Wadia: Police hunt liquor baron's grandson after court declines anticipatory bail over bloody pub brawl ~ Featured, India News 1 Aug , at 5:59 AM