New Delhi:Â Miffed over their government and police’s inability to prevent rape of a 5-year-old girl child and shoddy investigation thereafter, Delhi residents have decided to come together in demanding stricter anti-rape laws for convicts of such vicious acts. Another factor which triggered the protest is the insensitivity of the police in handling the whole case. From allegations of bribery from police to the father of the victim to ‘keep quiet’ to assaulting of protestors by a Delhi Police ACP, the city police force has aggravated an already shameful failure to a vociferous protest.
11:20 pm: Reports suggest that Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar may be summoned by Union Home Ministry over the handling of the whole issue.
11:18 pm: Sloganeering against Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
11.04 am: Delhi Police issues advisory:
There will be a demonstration at PHQ from 11.30am onwards due to which traffic will be affected on I P marg and BSZ marg. kindly avoid this route. commuters coming from Vikas marg and going towards New Delhi area may use ring road and Bhairav road.
- J&K, Jharkhand go to polls on 25 November ~ Featured, India News 25 Oct , at 4:32 PM
- ‘हैप्पी न्यू ईयर’ (एचएनवाई) के पीड़ितों को ढांढस बंधाने मुंबई पहुंचे प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ~ Featured, India News 25 Oct , at 3:19 PM
- Congress leader Shashi Tharoor joins PM Modi Swach Bharat Abhiyan ~ Featured, India News 25 Oct , at 3:11 PM
- EC likely to announce poll dates for J&K, Jharkhand today ~ Featured, India News 25 Oct , at 2:48 PM
- मोदी ने पत्रकारों से कहा, मैं कभी आपके लिए कुर्सियां लगाता था ~ Featured, India News 25 Oct , at 1:20 PM