New Delhi:Â Miffed over their government and police’s inability to prevent rape of a 5-year-old girl child and shoddy investigation thereafter, Delhi residents have decided to come together in demanding stricter anti-rape laws for convicts of such vicious acts. Another factor which triggered the protest is the insensitivity of the police in handling the whole case. From allegations of bribery from police to the father of the victim to ‘keep quiet’ to assaulting of protestors by a Delhi Police ACP, the city police force has aggravated an already shameful failure to a vociferous protest.
11:20 pm: Reports suggest that Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar may be summoned by Union Home Ministry over the handling of the whole issue.
11:18 pm: Sloganeering against Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
11.04 am: Delhi Police issues advisory:
There will be a demonstration at PHQ from 11.30am onwards due to which traffic will be affected on I P marg and BSZ marg. kindly avoid this route. commuters coming from Vikas marg and going towards New Delhi area may use ring road and Bhairav road.
- Exam Alert (November 2014): Competitive Examinations to be held this month ~ Featured, India News 1 Nov , at 1:54 PM
- बीजेपी का अगला टारगेट 10 करोड़ ~ Featured, India News 1 Nov , at 12:22 PM
- Narendra Modi greets four states on their foundation day ~ Featured, India News 1 Nov , at 12:07 PM
- फडणवीस करते थे मॉडलिंग, वाजपेयी ने कहा था-वाह! क्या स्मार्ट मॉडल है ~ Featured, India News 1 Nov , at 7:45 AM
- शाही इमाम को भेजो पाकिस्तान , आदित्यनाथ ~ Featured, India News 1 Nov , at 7:38 AM