New Delhi:Â Miffed over their government and police’s inability to prevent rape of a 5-year-old girl child and shoddy investigation thereafter, Delhi residents have decided to come together in demanding stricter anti-rape laws for convicts of such vicious acts. Another factor which triggered the protest is the insensitivity of the police in handling the whole case. From allegations of bribery from police to the father of the victim to ‘keep quiet’ to assaulting of protestors by a Delhi Police ACP, the city police force has aggravated an already shameful failure to a vociferous protest.
11:20 pm: Reports suggest that Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar may be summoned by Union Home Ministry over the handling of the whole issue.
11:18 pm: Sloganeering against Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Police.
11.04 am: Delhi Police issues advisory:
There will be a demonstration at PHQ from 11.30am onwards due to which traffic will be affected on I P marg and BSZ marg. kindly avoid this route. commuters coming from Vikas marg and going towards New Delhi area may use ring road and Bhairav road.
- PM Narendra Modi concludes his 'successful' visit to US, heads home ~ Featured, India News 1 Oct , at 8:33 AM
- Over 50 injured in train collision near Gorakhpur ~ India News 1 Oct , at 7:08 AM
- Lucky timing for 'Amma': Movie 'based on life of Jayalalithaa' changes its ending as she starts jail term ~ Featured, India News 1 Oct , at 7:01 AM
- Obama welcomes Modi with 'Kem Cho': Leaders bond over private dinner as America warms to Indian PM ~ Featured, India News 1 Oct , at 6:59 AM
- Modi's Mission Accomplished: India and US agree joint effort against terror networks as PM ends five-day tour ~ Featured, India News 1 Oct , at 6:58 AM