Bangalore, July 23 :
Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda today refuted Congress’ claim that it had set up Muslim Minority Development Corporation and introduced four per cent reservation for them during Veerappa Moily’s tenure as Chief Minister and said it was actually his brainchild.
Speaking to reporters here,he said Congress leaders should have restrained themselves from making this statement.
“Setting up of the corporation and introducing four per cent reservation was my brainchild as Chief Minister in 1994. The then Governor (Kurshid Alam Khan) also referred to my contribution in setting up MMDC,” the JDS leader said.
- PGTI Feeder Tour, Faridabad, Kapil Kumar takes the round one lead with a 67 ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 21 May , at 7:57 PM
- Tulisa finally confirms she's quitting The X Factor after two years ~ Featured, International News 21 May , at 7:44 PM
- A staggering 75 PER CENT of holidaymakers use out of date sun-cream putting themselves at risk of UV exposure ~ Featured, International News 21 May , at 7:40 PM
- Vindu Dara Singh’s Bigg Boss co-contestants might come under scanner ~ Featured, India News 21 May , at 7:34 PM
- Spot-fixing: How Vindu Dara Singh lives life king size! ~ Featured, India News 21 May , at 7:18 PM