Phiddey (Punjab), Jul 2:
Surjeet Singh, who recently walked to freedom after spending 31 years in a Pakistani jail, today accused the Centre and the Punjab government of being apathetic towards the issue of his rehabilitation.
“The Centre’s approach towards me is apathetic. The Centre and the Army are trying to disown me after my return to India “ he said.
Talking to reporters here, Surjeet alleged neither the Central government nor the Army took care of his family when he was languishing in the Pakistani prison.
- Double bash for Kunal as actor celebrates success of Go Goa Gone and throws 30th birthday party in Mumbai ~ Entertainment, Featured 26 May , at 8:00 AM
- Rumours surface that ex Corrie star Helen Flanagan will be heading to Strictly later this year ~ Entertainment, Featured 26 May , at 7:58 AM
- Relics of the Raj: Fascinating story of antique fire alarm system dating back to British rule ~ Featured, India News 26 May , at 7:57 AM
- नक्सली हमले के विरोध में जगह-जगह प्रदर्शन, राहुल गांधी पहुंचे रायपुर ~ Featured, India News 26 May , at 7:34 AM
- आंखों देखी: महेन्द्र कर्मा को मारने के बाद बंदूकों की संगीनें घोंपी ~ Featured, India News 26 May , at 7:32 AM