A woman was charred to death and property worth lakhs destroyed in a fire that broke out in an automobile spare parts shop and engulfed a number of adjoining commercial establishments in the early hours, police said.
The fire, apparently caused by a short circuit, broke out at about 2.30 AM in the shop situated at Sardar Patel Marg in Civil Lines police station area. The shop’s owner Sushil Kharbanda lived in a house located in the backyard, police said.
As inflammable material like engine oil and batteries were stored inside the shop, which was by the time shut and its owners asleep in the house, the fire spread very fast and soon engulfed a number of adjacent shops and also reached Kharbanda’s house, police said.
- PICTURES: Gwen Stefani shuns the sun as she treats her boys Kingston and Zuma to day at the beach ~ Featured, India News 19 May , at 10:26 AM
- Sasheh is in 'no hurry' to achieve stardom but remains confident of making an impact in Bollywood ~ Featured, India News 19 May , at 10:19 AM
- Congress refuse to name PM candidate before polls ~ Featured, India News 19 May , at 10:14 AM
- खिलाड़ियों को दाऊद के नाम से दी जाती थीं गालियां और धमकियां ! ~ Featured, India News 19 May , at 9:46 AM
- Mumbai: Doctor allegedly rapes 26-year-old woman, family says police let him get away ~ India News 19 May , at 9:36 AM