A fire broke out on Thursday in a residential building in Tardeo area of South Mumbai here, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out on the ninth floor in the Everest building at around 5.30 pm. Eight fire tenders and as many water tankers have been rushed to the spot, they said.
More than two dozen residents are feared trapped in the multi-storied building, officials said adding rescue operations have been initiated.
Meanwhile, seven persons who suffered from suffocation due to the fire were rushed to the BMC-run Nair hospital.
- Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 7:22 PM
- EXCLUSIVE: Arun Jaitley or Jyotiraditya Scindia likely to replace N Srinivisan as BCCI chief ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:30 PM
- मुखिया के पति ने आदिवासी लड़की को बना लिया था बीवी, भीड़ ने जिंदा जला डाला ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:25 PM
- Largest Sikh festival to be held in Malaysia ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:12 PM
- IPL6 spot-fixing: Dhoni's wife Sakshi may not be questioned for now: police ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:08 PM