Chandigarh, December 8 : Dr. Dalip Singh , State Election Commissioner, Haryana stated that the programme for the General Election of Municipal Corporation Faridabad has been issued today. The Election programme to the above said Corporation is as under:-
Notifications of election programme has been issued on 08.12.2016
(1) Date on which notice shall be published by the Returning Officer for inviting nominations under Rule 22. 15.12.2016 (Thursday)
(2) Dates on which Nomination papers shall be presented under Rule 21(2)(i) 21.12.2016 (Wednesday)
11.00 A.M. to 03.00 P.M.
(3) Dates on which the list of Nomination papers received shall be posted under Rule 21(2)(ii) 21.12.2016 (Wednesday)
(4) Date by which information shall be furnished by the candidate in the format prescribed, to the concerned Returning Officer that he is not suffering from any disqualification. 28.12.2016 (Wednesday)
Before 11.00 A.M.
(5) Date on which the nomination papers shall be scrutinized under Rule 21(2)(iii) 28.12.2016 (Wednesday)
11.30 A.M. onwards.
(6) Last date for withdrawal of candidature under Rule 21(2)(vi) 29.12.2016 (Thursday)
Between 11.00 A.M and 3.00 P.M.
(7) Date on which symbols shall be allotted to the contesting candidates. 29.12.2016 (Thursday)
after 3.00 PM
(8) Date on which the list of contesting candidates shall be posted under Rule 21(2)(vii) 29.12.2016 (Thursday)
(9) Date on which list of polling stations shall be posted under Rule 21(2)(viii) 29.12.2016 (Thursday)
(10) Date on which the poll, if any, shall be held under Rule 21(2)(ix) 08.01.2017 (Sunday)
(11) Timing of the poll Between 8.00 A.M. and
(12) Date, time and place on which the votes polled shall be counted. Immediately after the polling is closed at all polling stations on the same day.
(13) Date on which the election result would be declared. Immediately after the completion of counting .
2. Dr. Dalip Singh further stated that election of the Municipal Corporation shall be conducted with EVMs. Out of 40 wards of the Municipal Corporation, Faridabad, 20 wards viz. 4 (SC), 2(SC woman), 2 (BC) and 12(woman) have been reserved. There are 10,28,699 voters including 5,74,257 male and 4,54,433 female voters who would exercise their franchise. 887 polling stations have been set up and around 4000 polling officials shall be deployed during the elections , he added.
3. Elaborate arrangements for the conduct of election in the free, fair, transparent and peaceful manner and to maintain law and order would be made. Heavy police force would be deployed to maintain the law and order at the polling stations and the sensitive and hyper sensitive areas for conducting the elections, he added.
4. The Commission has prescribed the limit of the expenditure, that may be incurred by the contesting candidates or his authorised election agents in connection with the election, Rs.2,10,000 for a member of Municipal Corporation, Dr.Singh added.
5. Dr. Singh also said that for the first time NOTA(None of the above) option will be used in Municipal Corporation elections, so that voters who come to the polling stations and decide not to vote for any candidate in fray, are able to exercise their right not to vote with maintaining their right of secrecy.
6. Dr.Singh further told that the contesting candidates are also required to maintain account of election expenditure and submit the same within 30 days from the date of declaration of the result of the election to the Deputy Commissioner or with any other officers specified by the Commission, failing which the defaulting candidate shall be liable to be disqualified under the Haryana Municipal Corporation Election Expenditure (Maintenance & Submission of the Accounts) Order, 2007 for three years from the date of issue of such order.
7. The Model code of conduct in respect of the Municipal Corporation Faridabad shall come into force from today i.e.08.12.2016. No Officer/Official connected with the election work shall be transferred till the completion of election process
8. Any person whose name is not included in the electoral rolls of the Municipal Corporation, Faridabad may apply to the Deputy Commissioner Faridabad, not later that four days from the date of publication of election programme, he added.