Shillong, Aug 19:
An earthquake of moderate intensity rocked the entire north eastern region with no injury to people and damage to property.
The earthquake having a magnitude of 5.0 on the Richter scale shook the region for more than 10 seconds at 2:55 pm with its epicentre being 35 km underneath the earth at Tezpur in Assam, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
There was no loss of life and damage to property. The tremor was felt in Guwahati, Shillong, Itanagar, Agartala, Aizawl and Kohima.
- Fugitive Andhra murderer extradited to US ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 7:22 PM
- EXCLUSIVE: Arun Jaitley or Jyotiraditya Scindia likely to replace N Srinivisan as BCCI chief ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:30 PM
- मुखिया के पति ने आदिवासी लड़की को बना लिया था बीवी, भीड़ ने जिंदा जला डाला ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:25 PM
- Largest Sikh festival to be held in Malaysia ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:12 PM
- IPL6 spot-fixing: Dhoni's wife Sakshi may not be questioned for now: police ~ Featured, India News 25 May , at 6:08 PM