New Delhi, Jul 6:
The Delhi Jal Board (DJB) has been directed by a consumer forum here to pay Rs 15,000 to one of its customers as compensation for harassment caused to him by the huge and wrong water bill raised by it against him.
Agreeing with Delhi-resident L R Kumar that the meter set up at his premises was giving “inaccurate reading”, the South West District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum held the DJB guilty of deficient service for not addressing his grievances even after he had moved the civic body under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
“We are led to the irresistible conclusion that the grievance as expressed by complainant (Kumar) in his letter of March 29, 2010 is quite justified, because the replaced meter was giving inaccurate reading than the actual consumption of water by him.
- Summer Football Training Camp In Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 22 May , at 7:20 PM
- Om Prakash Chautala granted bail, Party Continues In Faridabad ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 22 May , at 4:55 PM
- PHOTOS: Faridabad Sr Dy Mayor Mukesh Sharma REVIEWS Dabua Leisure Valley Park ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 22 May , at 3:59 PM
- Faridabad BJP Leader Mool Chand Sharma Nominated Member Of National Executive ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 22 May , at 3:51 PM
- Faridabad records season's hottest Day ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 22 May , at 12:31 PM