In a sensational new twist to the Geetika Sharma murder case, the Delhi Police on Saturday claimed that the former air-hostess in the now-defunct MDLR airline who committed suicide on August 5 allegedly due to harassment by former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, had terminated her pregnancies several times.
This revelation is certainly going to put Kanda in dock.
The police made the claim in their remand application for the extension of remand of Aruna Chadha, the manager of absconding Haryana minister Kanda.
Kanda, who is the prime accused in abetting the suicide of the 23-year-old, remained elusive for the fifth day.
Geetika was a former air-hostess with Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR airline. The ground for seeking the extension of Chadha’s custody was not discussed in the open court. But according to agency reports, the police said in its application that she was needed to identify and verify the places where Geetika was taken to terminate her pregnancies.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 after she was called in for questioning by the police, while Kanda ignored police summons to him to appear before them after rejection of his request for more time made through his counsel.
- Shocking ordeal of woman, 20, who was gang-raped for three days while attackers beat her husband ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 6:49 AM
- Vegetable prices DOUBLE in Delhi as traders exploit monsoon disruption... While health experts warn of deadly dengue risk ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 20 Jun , at 6:33 AM
- Water level in Yamuna flowing 2 m above danger mark in Delhi ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:03 PM
- Faridabad News: इन गांवों में आ सकती है बाढ़ ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 7:51 PM
- Man crushed by tata 407 In Faridabad, Death ~ Faridabad NCR 19 Jun , at 12:27 PM