Candlelight vigil For Faridabad Girl Neeraj Bhadana, who murdered Mahaveer University in Moradabad

Faridabad 11 July 2013:  Faridabad Many NGO Held  Candlelight vigil  Last Eve At Rose Garden Park For Faridabad Girl Neeraj Bhadana, who murdered  Mahaveer University in Moradabad.  Neeraj Bhadana  20-year-old medical student was murdered and reportedly thrown from the fifth floor of the girls’ hostel at Teerthanker Mahaveer University in Moradabad Saturday evening.

A native of Haryana’s Faridabad district, Neeraj Bhadana was a first-year student of MBBS. Initially, the police suspected Neeraj had committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor, where her room was. But the autopsy report received on Monday stated that the death occurred due to strangulation. The police did not rule out angle of sexual assault and have sent vaginal slide of the victim to the forensic laboratory for examination.

DIG of Moradabad Range Amrendra K Sengar said the autopsy report also stated that the girl had 19 abrasion marks on her body. Moradabad SSP Modak Rajesh D Rao said they are looking into all angles because autopsy report did not mention that any bone of the victim’s body was broken.

The girl’s uncle, Gyan Chand, a businessman, has lodged an FIR against unidentified persons on charges of murder at the Pakwarha police station. Her father Ram Kishore Bhadana runs a jewellery shop in Faridabad.

District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar has ordered a magisterial inquiry by Additional District Magistrate (Finance) Sanjay Kumar Singh into the incident. On Tuesday, locals, including family members of the victim, staged a protest outside the university demanding arrest of the killers. The situation came under control when senior police officials assured them of quick action.

Gyan Chand said they demanded that the role of university authorities should also be probed. “We have come to know that authorities of the university are also behind her death,” said Gyan Chand, also a resident of Faridabad.

Vice-chancellor of the university Suresh Jain did not answer repeated phone calls.

The victim’s cousin Annu Bhadana said Neeraj had complained to her parents several times about harassment in the hostel. “We have come to know that Neeraj had also complained to the hostel warden but she did not take her complaint seriously”, Annu said. She added that Neeraj was staying in the hostel for the last one year.