New Delhi: Bollywood’s first superstar Rajesh Khan breathed his last on July 18, he was 69. He is survived by his estranged wife Dimpla Kapadia and two daughters Twinkle and Rinke. Film actor Akshay Kumar was his son-in-law.
Born on December 29, 1942, as Jatin Khanna, the actor was raised by the relatives of his biological parents. He attended St. Sebestian’s Goan High School along with his childhood friend Ravi Kapoor, who later adopted the screen name Jeetendra. Always high on confidence, Rajesh Khanna was the other name for style; he even struggled in his own MG sports car.
Destined to be an actor, Rajesh Khanna had won several acting competitions at various levels before debuting in ‘Aakhri Khat’ (1966). What else could a first timer wish for other than a director like Chetan Anand. However, his real break was Ravindra Dave’s ‘Raaz’ (1967). After a string of successful films such as ‘Baharon Ke Sapne’, ‘Aradhana’, ‘Ittefaq’, and ‘Do Raaste’, he marched into the hearts of millions of his fans, who credited Khanna with the title of superstar. Delivering 15 consecutive solo hits seemed easy every time his face appeared on the posters of a new film.
- The world can’t wait to watch Raanjhanaa! ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:13 PM
- Haryana Governor Mr. Jagannath Pahadia Haryana Raj Bhavan, Chandigarh ~ Featured, Haryana News 19 Jun , at 8:11 PM
- Veena Malik does a steamy scene in ‘Silk Sakkath Maga’ ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:08 PM
- Sizzling Shradha Sharma to do an item number in Rakhi Sawant’s flick ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:05 PM
- Water level in Yamuna flowing 2 m above danger mark in Delhi ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:03 PM