The Norwegian recruit goes under the name of Muslim Abu Abdurrahman. He is understood to be in his thirties and a ‘clean skin’, with no previous criminal record,” it said.
“He converted in 2008 and quickly became radicalised. He later travelled to Yemen, where he has spent several months, to complete his training,” the paper said.
The plot confirms fears among US and British intelligence agencies that al Qaeda is seeking to recruit radicalised westerners in an attempt to evade airport security, it said.
The Norwegian was believed to have been in the southeastern town of Azzan, the longtime home of AQAP, until last month. He then moved to Dammaj, a town in the north.
The new plot is the terror group’s fourth to be detected since 2009, when AQAP sent a Nigerian-born British student on a plane with an underpants bomb. The bomb failed to detonate over Detroit and the man was arrested and jailed.
- Namaste, Jackie Chan gives back love to Indian fans ~ Featured, India News 19 Jun , at 1:33 PM
- Nasha 2 shooting to start this year ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 1:32 PM
- LIVE: गौरीकुंड से 5000 लापता, नहीं निकल सके हैं हरभजन ~ Featured, India News 19 Jun , at 1:20 PM
- 1000 से ज्यादा लोग मरे हैं उत्तराखंड में, सुषमा स्वराज ~ Featured, India News 19 Jun , at 1:16 PM
- Bihar BJP to sit in opposition ~ Featured, India News 19 Jun , at 1:08 PM