New Delhi, Jul 2:
India is likely to miss the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) related to maternal health as one maternal death is being reported every 10 minutes in the country now.
India recorded around 57,000 maternal deaths in 2010, which translate into a whopping six every hour and one every 10 minutes, UN data in this regard says.
The current Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) of India is 212 per one lakh live births, whereas the country’s MDG in this respect is 109 per one lakh live births by 2015.
- The world can’t wait to watch Raanjhanaa! ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:13 PM
- Haryana Governor Mr. Jagannath Pahadia Haryana Raj Bhavan, Chandigarh ~ Featured, Haryana News 19 Jun , at 8:11 PM
- Veena Malik does a steamy scene in ‘Silk Sakkath Maga’ ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:08 PM
- Sizzling Shradha Sharma to do an item number in Rakhi Sawant’s flick ~ Entertainment, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:05 PM
- Water level in Yamuna flowing 2 m above danger mark in Delhi ~ Faridabad NCR, Featured 19 Jun , at 8:03 PM